One summer when I was about 7, my mom bought me a red plastic loom and a huge bag of stretchy loops – it was a pot holder loom. She always made homemade crafts for Christmas presents – and wanted me to be able to make things for people too. It turns out – that little loom was my favorite toy for about 4 years running. I made pot holders to give to my family for Christmas over and over (God bless them for never complaining) – and lest you think these aren’t actually useable – my Nanny kept and used hers for decades! Now granted, they did get a little shriveled up and black around the edges after awhile – but that’s what I like to call “love wear-n-tear”.
I’d forgotten all about those potholder looms, until I just saw this Alex Loop n Loom Kit on Amazonz for just $15.43 (was $27) and I’m not kidding you when I say I want that loom. Nostalgia just set in really bad y’all.
Apparently they’ve upgraded the old potholder loom a bit since I was little – now it’s metal and you can make a change purse, a tiny handbag and more! Here’s what comes with the kit:
- This kit won the Parents’ Choice Approved Award
- Comes with lots of loops, a 7.25″ x 7.25″ plastic loom, buttons, crochet hook, yarn, large needle and easy Instructions
- This kit is a perfect travel or rainy day activity
- Comes with enough loops to make five pot holders
- Art activities encourage a child’s imagination and learning development
I would suggest getting a backup bag of loops too – since you’re little one will probably go crazy making these things
*Amazon prices can change at any time – so get yours while the getting’s good!