WOW – have you guys heard about this? Amazon just unveiled new FREE Same-Day Shipping for Prime Members who place an order over $35. This is kind of crazy – picture ordering something RIGHT NOW – and getting it by DINNERTIME.
I mean, let’s say you decided to have people over for a get-together tonight. You could order a bluetooth speaker and a Citronella Candle and voila! They arrive by the time your guests make it to the patio!
I do worry a little though that this convenience will come at a cost. Will Prime memberships be even more next year? Will the price of items go up a little bit across the board to make up for the shipping costs they incur? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
In order to take advantage of this new same-day shipping benefit, you’ll need to be a member of Amazon Prime and live in one of the following 14 metro areas:
I’m a little too far away from Atlanta to avail myself of same-day delivery – but it probably won’t take long to make it’s way to other areas.
To place an order with FREE Same-Day Delivery:
- Add at least $35 of eligible products to your Shopping Cart. Eligible items will display “Prime FREE Same-Day” or “Prime FREE One-Day” on their detail page.
- Proceed to checkout. Eligible orders will display “FREE Same-Day” during checkout. After the ordering cutoff time, eligible orders will display “FREE One-Day.”
- Select a single delivery address in an eligible zip code.
- Select FREE Same-Day Delivery as your shipping speed. If it’s after the cutoff for FREE Same-Day Delivery, you’ll be able choose FREE One-Day Delivery instead.
- The shipping discount will be reflected in the Order Summary.Note: