Last year Amazon put out a sneak peek of deals – this is what we were looking at then, and is a good indicator of what kinds of deals we can look forward to this time around
Taken from last year’s post…
We know that the deals will start at MIDNIGHT PST, (Or 2 AM EST on July 12), and there will be 7 Deals of the Day. In addition, thousands of Lightning Deals will take place, new ones starting every 10 minutes. We have finally received some details about what to expect – here’s the TOP 10 deals happening tomorrow:
- Quality, name brand 32-inch Smart HDTV for under $200
- 40″ LED TV 1080p only $115
- 32″ LED TV $75
- 50″ 4K TV Bundle under $1000
- Chromebook laptops for only $199
- Fire TV Stick $15 Off
- Three Kindle Devices will be $30 – $60 Off (Basic Kindle, Kindle Fire 7, and Kindle Fire 7 Kids Edition)
- 50% OFF two different Nikon COOLPIX cameras
- iRobot Roomba Pet Cleaning Vacuum under $300
- Bose Headphones Lowest Price in Amazon History
What is Prime Day?
Prime Day is a global shopping event, offering more deals than Black Friday, exclusively for Prime members. On Wednesday, July 15 new and existing members will be able to shop thousands of Lightning Deals, Deals of the Day, and will receive unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping. Members will find deals starting at midnight PST, with new deals starting throughout the day, as often as every ten minutes. Not a Prime member? Try Prime today and get immediate access to deals on July 15. Prime members can find deals on products across categories including electronics, toys, video games, movies, clothing, patio, lawn and garden, sports and outdoor items and more. Members will enjoy deals on items perfect for summer adventures, their to-do list, family road trips, back to school supplies, and everyday essentials. Prime members can shop on any device, including smartphones and tablets and enjoy deals anytime, and anywhere.
Now I don’t know whether this is all just a bunch of buzz, or if it’s really going to be awesome. All I know is this is just one of the MANY times that Amazon Prime members get a special deal throughout the year. I find our membership to be very worthwhile, and here’s why:
- We share it with my mom and my brother who can use it too. Did you know you can share your Prime membership with up to 3 other households? .
- We ship stuff from Amazon all the time – and it always arrives within a day or two completely FREE. Besides the normal stuff I buy (toilet paper, socks, a new skillet….) Our kids spend their allowance on Amaozn most of the time – and boy does it beat standing in the LEGO aisle at Walmart for hours. .
- We use Amazon Prime Instant to supplement our Netflix and Hulu accounts. Since we cancelled cable a couple years back – this makes for a very satisfactory way to get all kinds of shows, movies and more for a very reasonable overall cost.
These are just a few reasons we love Amazon Prime – if you’re not sure whether it’s for you, make sure you sign up for a FREE 30-Day Trial to get a better feel for it! – Thanks to PassionforSavings for help with the preview