I saw this recipe on Pinterest for Slowcooker Cheesey Potato Soup – and traced it back to the BettyCrocker website for directions. it looks so freaking delicious and exactly what i want to eat RIGHT NOW! I have a few cans of crescent rolls in the fridge from the Bi-Lo Milk/Pillsbury deal this week – so I’ll probably serve those alongside it. YUMMY!
- 1 bag (32 oz) frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion thawed
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 carton (32-oz) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bag (8 oz) shredded American-Cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup real bacon pieces *Smithfield Bacon is BOGO at Bi-Lo through today!
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- In small bowl, mix flour into milk; stir into potato mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish individual servings with bacon and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
What is your favorite comfort food recipe when it’s cold outside?