We thought it would be fun to start doing a post each night about a fun Christmas craft, recipe, family tradition and all things holly jolly. If you would like to share a craft, recipe or tradition that your family enjoys – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We’ll possibly feature you one night this month….
Reader Sylvia emailed us this fun craft idea – I’d never thought of doing this, but I have several bars of Ivory soap in the stockpile, so I might have to try it with the kids! You know how you MUST proudly display your kids’ strange, malformed interpretation of a “bud vase” – precisely because your kid malformed it just for you? I think that’s how this soap might go over in the grandparents bathrooms.
This comes from Sylvia’s Post Here:
- Grate the soap using a cheese grater*. When grating, lay a piece of wax paper or foil on your work surface.
- Place grated soap into a bowl. Idea: use a disposable bowl for easy cleanup.
- Add a small amount of water and mix with a spoon or popsicle stick. The soap will start to stick back together.
- Take the soap out of the bowl and separate it into three sections. Roll each section into a ball and stack the balls to form a snowman.
- The balls should be slightly different sizes with the largest ball on the bottom and the smallest ball on top. If necessary, rub a little water on the soap where you are joining the pieces. This will help it stick.
- Make sure you flatten the bottom ball so your snowman can stand without falling over.
- Optional: Using a tooth pick, take a little paste food coloring out of the jar or squeeze a few drops of liquid food coloring out onto a paper plate, old plastic lid etc. or use washable paint. Paint a face and buttons on your snowman using a thin paint brush (liner brush).
Jamie’s note: Unless you want to get colored hands everytime you wash with your snowman – or have your snowman turn pink immediately from red food coloring – you might want to skip that optional step.
Don’t miss out on any of our nightly posts in our 25 Days of Christmas Fun Series. Join us tomorrow night for more Christmas Fun !