We thought it would be fun to start doing a post each night about a fun Christmas craft, recipe, family tradition and all things holly jolly. If you would like to share a craft, recipe or tradition that your family enjoys – please email us at email@example.com! We’ll possibly feature you one night this month….
Photo Credit: The Cheese Thief
Here’s a super clever way to make pretty glass ornaments – I’ve done this once using a craft kit to make stained glass ornaments and it turned out okay – but this way you can just use some of that free/cheap nail polish you might have gotten this year.
- Grab 2 different colors of nail polish and a bottled water
- Fill a glass or small bowl (the size of your ornament) halfway with water and drip in nail polish
- Drip in one color, then the other, over and over VERY FAST – like 10-15 seconds tops
- The colors will spread quickly into an outward ripple effect
- Pull polish inward with a toothpick to make a pattern (or just a swirly pretty mess)
- Dip your ornament in as far as you want the pattern to rise up, and hold for about 4 seconds
- Pull out and blow it dry – only the nail polish will stick!
NOTE: The really cool thing that she mentions is that you can take nail polish remover to wipe off your design if you’re not happy – and start over again!
Have you experimented with making glass ball ornament decorations? If so – what have you tried?
Don’t miss out on any of our nightly posts in our 25 Days of Christmas Fun Series. Join us tomorrow night for more Christmas Fun !
25 Days of Christmas Fun: Countdown to Christmas Advent Ideas
25 Days of Christmas Fun: Graham Cracker Gingerbread Houses
25 Days of Christmas Fun: Loving Your Spouse
25 Days of Christmas Fun: Snowman Soap Craft
25 Days of Christmas Fun: Family Movie Night
25 Days of Christmas Fun: HO HO HO DIY Project
25 Days of Christmas Fun: Marshmallows Here, There & Everywhere
25 Days of Christmas Fun: No Fail Cooking Tips
25 Days of Christmas Fun: Capturing Christmas Memories